Thursday, June 11, 2009

Hair to do?

I want my hair to shine! I am debating whether to add high/low lights to my hair. Don’t know if I should add them or just stick to a neutral color- lighter shade maybe….??
My husband says to leave my dark locks alone. I have to admit that it is so low maintenance and I visit my hairstylist just for cuts. And everytime I get bangs, I end up pinning them back because they only work when she does them for me. I don’t have time in the morning or weekends to worry about straight bangs. My hair curls the minute humidity hits it, so bangs are not compatible with the weather. Except these days are great for them because its cool outside, but the minute I cut them, im sure it will be smoking hot out that I wouldn’t enjoy them.

Long are the days when I would wake up 2 hours early to style my hair. It would bounce bounce bounce. Now im lucky if I wash it and get to work on time. I always wash my hair, but now I just let it curl alone, no added preservatives- lol! I don’t pin it up halfways or do the cutesy things I used to. That’s why its so easy being dark and natural. I don’t have to do my hair a certain way for my highlights to go with my hairstyle. And I see many tv actresses with dark locks , could it be because they over processed their hair when they were blondes that they need to go dark to maintain their hair or go bald?! That’s my theory. Extensions only get you so far.

So what do you think?

2 comments:

susana said...

i love your dark hair...and like you said it's so easier to maintain. But i know sometimes it gets old...like right now, i so want a new style or something. I plan to call my stylist soon.

diana said...

I totally agree with the bangs thing. I try not to cut my bangs in the Summer because it's just too hot.

I prefer dark hair, it's just so much more flattering on us Mexican girls.

Oh, and LOL on your theory about over-processed hair! LOL!