Wednesday, March 4, 2009

February

February came and went, Valentines was nice. Juan and I spent time alone together, had lunch and dinner and plenty of fun talk. I’ve also been catching up on my movies, with blockbuster online it’s so much easier.
This economy sucks, it’s depressing to know how many people are being laid off. I was in the market this Sunday and the lady in front of me had to put back most of her groceries and bought only meat. I looked at my basket and said wow, I need everything I am taking. How sad.
I had even thought about getting an evening job at the hospital for extra cash for the “just in case fund.” But, everyone has a hiring freeze, even sadder for those who are unemployed. I’ll just stick to overtime when offered! So I am lucky to be employed.
I find myself playing the lotto every week now…I can only dream….
These gloomy days only add to the gloom, I just want to stay home and watch reruns of sex and the city or friends!
Movies watched:
Confessions of a Shopaholic : 2/5 cheezy
Secret lives of bees: 4/5
Talk to her: Pedro Almodovar, yay 3/5
Zach & Miri: WTH! 1/5
A Guide to Recognizing you Saints: 2/5 Rosario Dawsons was the good, but had to wait til then end....

1 comment:

susana said...

yes...this economy is depressing it makes you thankful for the little things in life.

i liked confessions of a shopaholic...and zach & miri was a little graphic but had a good ending to it...i thought it was hilarious!