Thursday, January 31, 2008

No More Paci!

Upon giving birth to my last baby girl, she latched on perfectly, and was nursed for 2 months. I couldnt handle it so I wimped out :( . She was given a pacifier-which became her Maggie Simpson look. I kept stock of pacis' everywhere, in my car, my purse, 2 in the diaper bag, anywhere just in case one got lost. She was hooked and depended on hers. We went to Disneyland earlier this month and I saw this huge toddler with a king size paci, I said whoa- then I looked at my baby smiling through her paci- The mission to wean her began! After 5 weeks....it happened. She quit cold turkey. She has been going to sleep without it for 1 whole week. Her nanny is amazed, and I am relieved!
Next stop PottyTown!

2 comments:

diana said...

That's great! Good for you! We never did the paci thing but, we're still nursing (she's 16 mo old!). I don't mind doing it but, I want to get pregnant and probably won't be able to till he stop with the "chi-chi". It's SO hard to wean her, though, she really enjoys her breastfeeding time! Wish me luck!!!

Lady j said...

I know nursing is bonding time for them, and I promote it. My thing was that I also had a 2 year old wanting mommy to be hands free! Your system will ovulate more regularly once the nursing stops and and you will be in heat j/k! My sister weaned her baby and the next month she was expecting! hehehe! But now she says that shes glad she didnt wait because the longer you wait the harder it is to get back into it!