Thursday, January 24, 2008

I am addicted to Blockbuster Online! I luv luv luv it! I always have something to watch. I also love the idenpendent film selection. I am watching Pedro Almodovar's collection, he mostly portrays strong female characters. Penelope Cruz is in a few of his movies- she has become one my favorites. I loved the movie Non Te Mouvere (Don't Move) it's in Italian and the soundtrack moved me to tears. Her transition in this role is very similar to Charlize Theron in Monster. I like watching films in other languages and other countries as I admire the passion and imagination that translates through them. WATCH VOLVER- simply awesome, reminds me of my beloved abuelita (R.I.P) I can watch that movie just to imagine her. "i have so much to say to you, in time my dear, we will catch up"

Last night we watched Good Luck Chuck, i give it a 6/10. Funny, but... I will watch the Game Plan next.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Awe Jackie your words..your so wise..I love that about you. Yes I am falling in love myself with Blockbuster Online as well. Gee looks like I need some catching up to do with you. The Game Plan, I watched it last night. I had tears, but what movies now a days is not a tear jerker, well at least the ones that I pick. It was a 10/10 I loved it and I know you and your girls will to. I also watched Suburban Girl last night, I give that a 8/10, very cute movie. I can see how it would be easy to fall in love with an older man, lucky for her she loved herself to see it would only hold her back in life. We need a movie date...what do you say?

Love you,
Megs

Lady j said...

great you just spoiled suburban girl for me- LOL! I've always been afraid to date younger guys- i feel like i'll totally boss them around like make them my bitch or something!! I like them a few years older than me- cuz you know them boys, mature late :)

Megs said...

hahahaha...sorry sweetie. I thought you told me that was a cute movie, so I thought you had already seen it...so very sorry my friend. Rent it, it's cute! And yes I can see you bossing them around with your sarcasm ass...LOL love ya :)

diana said...

Oh...we love Almodovar! All About My Mother is AWESOME! :)